- 2Kg redcurrants, rinsed and dried
- 2l white wine vinegar
- 1Kg Sugar
Making Redcurrant Vinegar
- Put the currants in a large non metallic bowl, and bruise them with a wooden spoon (or the end of a wooden rolling pin)
- Add the wine vinegar and stir.
- Cover with a cloth and leave for 3 or 4 days stirring a couple of times a day.
- Strain the juice through clean muslin.
- Put the strained juice in a pan along with the sugar and boil for 10 mins.
- Pour the vinegar into warm sterilised bottles and seal (just use the bottles the vinegar came in... these will already be sterile enough.)