- 800ml honey
- 20g hops
- 1 lemon (juice and rind)
- 4 lt of water
- Brewers yeast
Making Honey Beer
- Dissolve the honey in half the water.
- Meanwhile add the lemon rind and the hops to another pan with the rest of the water and bring it to the boil and simmer for 30mins.
- Strain the hop water into a fermenting bucket and add the honey water and leave well covered to cool.
- Add the lemon juice, and then add the yeast.
- Keep covered and stir daily for 3-4 days, then siphon into a fermenting jar and seal with an airlock.
- Leave the beer for another week until fairly clear then siphon into clean sterilised beer or pop bottles leaving a space of about 1 inch at the top of each bottle.
- Add 1/4 tsp sugar to each bottle then seal.
- Leave in a warm place for a week or so, then store in a cool place for another 3-4 weeks before drinking.