- 1 large dandelion root
- 2 burdock roots
- 4 lt of water
- 400g of sugar
- 2 tbsp of black treacle
- 1 lemon
- Brewers yeasy
Making Dandelion & Burdock
- Clean the roots well and chop up into small chunks.
- Place in a pan with 4 litres of water and the lemon rind and boil for 30 mins
- Add the juice of the lemon, the sugar and the black treacle and stir until it has dissolved
- Strain the roots and allow to cool, then add the yeast.
- Leave closely covered to ferment for 3-4 days, then bottle into cleaned and sterilised plastic pop bottles.
- Drink after one week.